The Art Of Mindful Communication – Part 1
Date: 11/10/2020 – 12/29/2020
From: 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm EST
Part I of a III-Part Series
8-week interactive and experiential think tank workshop specifically developed for those interested in The Art Of Mindful Communication.
Based on the principle that “participation is a function of health”, you will learn “how to” share your comments and insights, and be invited to do so from a mindful dialogue approach. We will actively explore the art of mindful communication in a small group setting, in real time.
You will practice mindful communication tools as you learn them through Nonviolent Communication language and skills.
My intention in creating these think tanks is to open a conversation around what is possible when we choose to consciously communicate from a mindful, and open heart perspective.
You can expect to develop a mindful internal framework to communication whilst expanding awareness in how you communicate.
As a result of this practice, you will notice positive changes in how you communicate overall and especially with those stickier conversations that need your attention and that you might be choosing to avoid.
Mindful Communication and Dialogue is your key to more peaceful relationships.
This workshop is for you if:
- You consider yourself a committed individual who is interested in going deeper within and develop better communication skills.
- You are committed to becoming a mindful communicator because you care about your relationships and want to improve upon them.
- You want to express yourself mindfully even when conversations are difficult and/or triggering.
- You care about yourself, you care about people and you want to effectuate positive change around you by expressing yourself honestly and accurately.
What you will learn:
- What is Mindful Communication?
- How to take full responsibility for your communication style.
- How to pay attention to your thoughts/increase awareness.
- How to transform your thoughts through a compassionate approach.
- How to listen: an embodied approach to mindful communication.
- How to have difficult conversations without blaming and shaming.
Classes offered on eight consecutive Tuesdays beginning on Tuesday, Nov. 10th and ending on Tuesday, Dec. 29, 2020.
Classes will be recorded and available to you throughout the scheduled eight-week workshop only.
Ideally, you will want to attend all of the classes, or as many as you can, as this is an interactive and experiential workshop where your participation is enthusiastically encouraged and welcomed. The key to improving communication skills is in the practice ;-).